Having penned several more such (medical thriller) novels, Tess has won both the Nero Wolf Award and the Rita Award. Her books have been published in forty countries and more than 30 million copies have been sold worldwide.
Readers first meet the dynamic duo of Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles in 'The Surgeon'. Their sometimes awkward relationship goes from strength to strength as they solve one grisly murder after another. Tess' enthralling development of intelligent and believable characters has resulted in TNT creating a successful television series of the same name (Rizzoli & Isles).
Catch Tess on her UK/US book tour (Jan 12-16 in the UK; from January 20 in the US). Further details about this and and this fascinating writer at her website Tess Gerritsen.
1. Who are your top five favorite characters met in books?
Sherlock Holmes. Scarlett O'Hara. Frodo Baggins. Elizabeth Bennett. Jane Eyre.
2. Which authors (dead or alive) have inspired your writing?
Stephen King. Margaret Atwood. Larry McMurtry.
3. What motivates you to write the next book?
I get an idea for a story, and I want to know how it turns out.
4. You’re hosting a literary dinner party – who would you invite (dead or alive) and why?
Arthur Conan Doyle. William Shakespeare. Truman Capote. Calvin Trillin. Gertrude Stein.
5. Looking back over your career, would you still become an author?
|Rizzoli - played by Angie Harmon|
1. What do you like about being part of Boston’s PD?
Taking down the very people who threaten my city.
2. Would you say your mother has had a huge influence on your life?
She gave me the stability and love to develop my own confidence.
3. Do you have a favorite part of Boston?
Back Bay. It's where my apartment is.
4. You work with a varied set of people – what makes a great team?
People who look at things from different perspectives. That's why I think having a guy and a gal working together (like me and Detective Frost) is so effective.
5. Now you’re married with a young family, would you give up your career as a detective and
become a stay at home mother?
Nope. I like my job too much.
|Isles - played by Sasha Alexander|
1. Being an ME can be quite challenging – what drives you to deal with the most difficult of cases?
For every question, I want an answer. I'm driven to explain things.
2. Do you have a favorite part of Boston?
Beacon Hill. It has history, beautiful old buildings, and feels like the center of Boston.
3. If you were granted a wish to live a different life – would you have taken a medical route?
I might have been an archaeologist. I enjoy digging for the truth -- whatever the subject.
4. What’s the most important thing to do after a taxing day?
Pour a glass of wine.
5. You’re hosting a dinner party what would be your go to dish?
A crown roast of lamb, with rosemary and mint jelly. And roasted new potatoes.
I am giving away an e-copy of Tess Gerritsen's latest novel - Die Again: When Boston homicide detective Jane Rizzoli and medical examiner Maura Isles are summoned to a crime scene, they find a killing worthy of the most ferocious beast—right down to the claw marks on the corpse. But only the most sinister human hands could have left renowned big-game hunter and taxidermist Leon Gott gruesomely displayed like the once-proud animals whose heads adorn his walls. Did Gott unwittingly awaken a predator more dangerous than any he’s ever hunted?
Leave a comment or question on this post by February 1st 8pm EST to be entered into a draw to win this book. One person will be chosen randomly using Random.org. Please make sure to leave an e-mail address with your comment. Thank you and Good Luck!